This would be a joint project with NM Wild, NM Volunteers for the Outdoors, and HOTG (Heart of the Gila). Horse camp will be 7.8 miles north on Forest Road (FR) 150 (a.k.a North Star Mesa Road, a.k.a. North Star Rd) in a wide spot at the junction of FR 150 and FR 150A. Folks hiking will probably camp near the river. We would be removing large trees from the Mimbres River trail (77) to the river and up the river for about 3 miles. We would also help with packing in small kitchen, food, and tools. Depending on how many people we have, we could also work on clearing the trail up to Signboard Saddle (74).
COMMENTS ABOUT THE 2018 NAN RANCH RIDE
- Great job putting on the NAN Ranch ride this past weekend.
- Loved your P&R people. They were very competent.
- Loved it…NAN Ranch. What a beautiful place.
- The ride was a great experience for me.
- Most of all…the people were great.
- We should all be thanking YOU.
- A truly great job of organizing…& good food to boot.
- Just wanted to thank both of you and The Gila Chapter of the Back
Country Horsemen & Women.
- All of you did a wonderful job of making it such a fun weekend.
- We really loved the trails and the way they were marked.